East School Vision
The needs of children and their learning shall be paramount. This school will strive to provide excellence in the learning and teaching of the basic academic skills and in all its other activities. We do this so that each child will be able to achieve to his or her full potential, in a happy, safe and supportive environment that will develop their self esteem.
- To meet the needs of the children for the future, academically, and socially
- To be committed to all children reaching their potential especially in literacy
- To recognise and cater for individual needs
- To nurture social and emotional growth and be sensitive to the needs and rights of others
- To have motivated and committed staff, who have access to professional development, working with quality resources in a stimulating environment
- To develop a supportive partnership between teachers and caregivers
To help achieve our vision, Waihi East School employs the concept of Habits Of Mind.
Picture our vision.