Room 1 Waihi East School students have been working on making ‘Korus’ using pastels on A3 paper, here are our key learning targets.
- I’m able to discuss where the ‘Koru’ shape is used in Maori Culture and in Kiwiana.
- I can recall that the ‘Koru’ is based on the pitau, the young shoot of a plant, especially the uncurling shoot of the fern.
- I have five or six large simplified ‘Koru’ shapes in my drawing.
- I’ve created a successful combination of contrasting colours.
- Blending techniques are used for transitions between colours e.g. smudging with our fingers.
- I go off at least three sides of the paper.
- I use small strokes when colouring in my drawing.